- This event has passed.
Green Apple Books Presents: Rebecca Makkai
March 2 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$30.42
Join us on Thursday, March 2 when Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award finalist Rebecca Makkai celebrates her latest novel, I Have Some Questions for You, at 9th Ave!
Tickets include entrance to the event and a copy I Have Some Questions for You. This event will include an audience Q+A, with a signing line/meet and greet to follow.
Proof of vaccination is required. Masks encouraged.
Doors open at 6:30. The event will begin at 7pm.
Please see our FAQ below for more info.
About I Have Some Questions for You
Named a Most Anticipated Book of 2023 by TIME, NPR, USA Today, Newsweek, Salon, Bustle, AARP, The Millions, Good Housekeeping, and more.
The riveting new novel from the author of the Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award finalist The Great Believers.
A successful film professor and podcaster, Bodie Kane is content to forget her past—the family tragedy that marred her adolescence, her four largely miserable years at a New Hampshire boarding school, and the murder of her former roommate, Thalia Keith, in the spring of their senior year. Though the circumstances surrounding Thalia’s death and the conviction of the school’s athletic trainer, Omar Evans, are hotly debated online, Bodie prefers—needs—to let sleeping dogs lie.
But when the Granby School invites her back to teach a course, Bodie is inexorably drawn to the case and its increasingly apparent ?aws. In their rush to convict Omar, did the school and the police overlook other suspects? Is the real killer still out there? As she falls down the very rabbit hole she was so determined to avoid, Bodie begins to wonder if she wasn’t as much of an outsider at Granby as she’d thought—if, perhaps, back in 1995, she knew something that might have held the key to solving the case.
In I Have Some Questions for You, award-winning author Rebecca Makkai has crafted her most irresistible novel yet: a stirring investigation into collective memory and a deeply felt examination of one woman’s reckoning with her past, with a trans?xing mystery at its heart. Timely, hypnotic, and populated with a cast of unforgettable characters, I Have Some Questions for You is at once a compulsive page-turner and a literary triumph.
About Rebecca Makkai
Rebecca Makkai’s last novel, The Great Believers, was a finalist for both the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Award; it was the winner of the ALA Carnegie Medal, the Stonewall Book Award, the Clark Prize, and the Los Angeles Times Book Prize; and it was chosen as one of the Ten Best Books of 2018 by The New York Times. Her other books are the novels The Borrower and The Hundred-Year House, and the collection Music for Wartime—four stories from which appeared in The Best American Short Stories. A 2022 Guggenheim Fellow, Rebecca is on the MFA faculties of the University of Nevada, Reno at Lake Tahoe and Northwestern University, and is Artistic Director of StoryStudio Chicago.
- Copies will be available upon entry to the event.
- Seating will be first come, first serve. Priority seating will be given to wheelchair/walker users and other attendees with disabilities. Standing room will be available after seats fill.
- All tickets will include a copy of the book. There are no tickets that include entry only.
- This is an in-person, ticketed event and will not be livestreamed. No refunds will be given after the event date for those unable to attend. No refunds will be given to those who pick up their book but are unable to attend the event.
- If for whatever reason you are unable to attend but would still like your copy of the book, books will be available for pick up at 1231 9th Ave after the event at no extra charge. If you would like your book shipped, additional charges will apply.
- To attend the event, you must purchase a ticket through this Eventbrite page. Purchase of I Have Some Questions for You made through the bookstore website do not grant entry to the event.
- The venue is located on ground level, and there are no stairs between the entrance and event space.
- When purchasing your ticket, you can select priority seating for wheelchair users and folks with mobility devices.
- When purchasing your ticket, you can select ASL interpretation. (If needed, please purchase your tickets by February 8 to ensure an interpreter. Thank you for understanding).